Party Wall Matters
The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 is designed to safeguard the interest of the owner undertaking the works and the adjoining neighbours and as a means of resolving dispute if one were to arise. By having a detailed knowledge of the statute, we offer quality and speedy Party Wall advice whether acting as the Building Owner’s, Adjoining Owner’s or the Agreed Surveyor.
The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 applies to the majority of extension and new build works and also some maintenance works, we offer the following services which will help you deal with your statutory obligations.
- Building Owners Surveyor (for persons undertaking the works).
- Adjoining Owners Surveyor (for neighbouring properties to the works).
See below for details of these services.
Party Wall Services
Building Owners Surveyor
- Initial advice to determine whether your proposals will fall into the realms of the act
- Issuing and the serving of notices on all identified adjoining owners
- Preparing Schedules of Condition on adjoining properties
- Preparing The Party Wall Award
Adjoining Owners Surveyor
- Review notices and appointments for Adjoining Owners
- Reviewing Schedules of Condition for Adjoining Owners
- Reviewing The Party Wall Award for Building Owners
Should both owners concur, we can also act as the Agreed Surveyor.
The link here provides additional information on the party wall statute.